Thursday, July 21, 2011

barcode 80025 75540


i dunno with you but i really find it weird finding a barcode in the middle of the book. bought this book from power books at shangri la mall a few days ago and was really surprised to see this barcode lying at the center of the book. completely new with sticker on and with those tiny wires, i dunno what you call those tracking thingy that is supposed to set off the alarm when you get our of a store without paying. nah i paid for the book and the book was sealed when i got it and the alarm didnt went off as well when i passed thru it but really, i just find it weird finding a bar code in the middle of a book. so it says barcode 80025 75540 wonder why they would put it in a book, was it a mistake or what? i dunno, just find it weird.

so anyone found a bar code in your book?


27 meow:

Anonymous said...

I just found the exact same barcode in my text book... odd!

Anonymous said...

i find it weird finding the same tag in my book. txt me!

Anonymous said...

I have two of those from two books I've bought.. exactly the same numbers too.

Anonymous said...

Just found one in a book of mine...kind of wierd. Wish I knew who, what, when, where, and WHY?

Anonymous said...

These are security labels used for checkpoint security towers. There placed in the middle of the book to make it harder for shoplifters to find them. As for the numbers, there actually the phone number for the manufacturer checkpoint security.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Anon of February 17, 2012 5:57 AM.

I thought this could be a ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory :))))

Anonymous said...

I googled and I found a link on MySpace about it. Some girl had posted about it in he about me section that said if the barcode is found to please friend her and leave a comment about what country or state the barcode was found etc.

Anonymous said...

yeah me too i find it very strange ive only found it in books but ive had like 10 books with them in it and only since around the start of may....very strange

Anonymous said...

im from Michigan and i found this exact barcode in my college book. my barcode scanner on my phone couldnt scan it, thought it was weird

marcel.o r said...

Hi,
We use these stickers on our products as anti-theft.
It's just a little RFID wich the portals at the exit will respond to.

Anonymous said...

I bought a late 1990's Phenoix Coyotes alternative Keith Tkachuk jersey from eBay and the sticker was located to the left of the starter tag on the neck. The bar code is pealing and it looks like it might be a security tag.

Anonymous said...

This is going international, I found it on a Webcam I bought in Spain, inside the box

Anonymous said...

They are still turning up, found one in a book in the UK this week

Anonymous said...

Found the exact same one in the middle of my book today! Was wondering what that was all about. GLAD I GOT AN ANSWER!!! Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

i found the exact same barcode in my book. conincidence? the weird thing is that i bought my book in roanoke virginia at books-a-million.

Josh Pandolph said...

I found this tag in GWR 2013 book it jest fell out of the center of the book while i was reading it

Anonymous said...

Well guys (& gals) I just found one today, in NC, on a Faux Paint Kit, covering up the original barcode. I took my hairdryer to it, to get to the real barcode and was amazed! The backing is aluminum foil or something metal. This has me wondering who would go to such trouble & expense.

Anonymous said...

I found the same thing in my new book. I think it's really odd. I quickly researched about it and a lot of people also find it in their notebook. Probably it's nothing I should worry about LoL

Anonymous said...

I just found the same barcode on the bottom of a pair of Y3 trainers on EBay!! Weird

hereNT said...

It's nothing more than a tag to prevent shoplifting. As someone said, RFID. The reason it didn't set things off when you walk out of the store after buying it is that they have a pad thing that they swipe it over that deactivates the alarm portion.

Anonymous said...

I found this barcode tucked in the side of a used couch. I don't know if it was originally in a book. Found in Tampa Florida on 2/18/2014.

Anonymous said...

I found 2 in my Catching Fire book I bought the other day at Books-A-Million. Kinda freaked me out when I started looking it up.

Anonymous said...

Found the barcode on the middle of a book in Chattanooga TN!

Anonymous said...

Found the barcode in a junk drawer in my house in Iowa. Must have found it in a book and saved it.

Anonymous said...

I found it on my dress from Netherlands!

Anonymous said...

I found mine in a John Green book that I bought in Florida! Weird.

rama said...

This bar code belongs to a dictionary Tagalog-English, sold by the National Book Store in the Philippines - no mystery then (:--))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails